Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

NaNoWriMo, absence, and why I don't write fan fiction.

Hey Guys! So as always I have been entirely absent of the bloggerverse. Call me John, but this post comes to you in three parts!

Part one: I am doing NaNoWriMo this year, are you? This is my first year and I just wanted to ask: who else is? If you are just comment below or send me a tweet (I am always on twitter) we could have word battles or something. Yea? (I said yea as another ode to john green)NERDFIGHTASTIC!!!

Part two: So in my absence I decided two things:
1. I WILL HAVE NO TIME FOR BLOGGING DURING NaNoWriMo!!!!!!
2. Uncoolcarrot is starting to look a little busy and my post have lost their vigor.
So during November I will not blog HERE, the site will be under construction going back to the perfect simplicity of the earlier carrot. But I should add, gracefulsarcasm.bloodspot.com is my writing blog and I will update my word count and stuff there...... Yea?

Part three: why I don't write fan fiction. I've always thought fanfic to be a bit cheesy. I feel that if an author creates a character, they should completely control that character. If you took one of the muppets and set them in the middle of Hogwarts, is it still THE muppets? No! It's a felt frog at a school for wizards. I for one find it un-original. Find your own character.


~and remember to eat your carrots!

2 comments:

  1. Found you through ali's blog / the ninja chats.

    Not sure if I'm doing NaNo this year (esp. since I did their summer version called Camp NaNoWriMo already), but I'm thinking about it. I think you'll have a lot of fun though. I have the past few times I've done it. It's also totally insane but in a good way! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing NaNoWriMo for the first time this year! I feel like I've been waiting for a million years :D

    I don't like writing fanfiction because, I don't know, I feel like Im copying someone else's work.

    P.S. Sorry it took so long to respond to you email! I'll send it to you soon!

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget